Articles and Links
The following articles and links provide background information that you may find useful.
- Geoff Hart reviewed HAT-Matrix.com in an email to Techwr-l
Help Authoring Tools
Looking for a HAT review? We've compiled a list of links that may help you make your decision.
- AuthorIT V4 (by Matthew Ellison for WritersUA)
- Author-it V5 (by Amanda Caley and Jane Schofield)
- Author-it 5.2 (by Amanda Caley)
- Doc-To-Help 6.0 (by Scott Waletzko for devCity.net)
- Help & Manual 4 (by Matthew Ellison for WritersUA)
- Help & Manual 4 (by Mark Tiburón for Dx21, LLC)
- HelpStudio 2 (PDF) (by Matthew Ellison)
- Adobe RoboHelp 6 (by Rob Houser)
These articles provide information on concepts used in Help authoring (plus other professions).
- Migrating HTML to XHTML and XML, Part I (by Char James-Tanny for WritersUA)
- Migrating HTML to XHTML and XML, Part II (by Char James-Tanny for WritersUA)
- Using Web Standards to Create HTML Files (by Char James-Tanny for WritersUA)
The following press releases are available.
- MadCap Software Announces the Arrival of Flare 2.0 (2 October 2006)
- AuthorIT Launches Website Manager (19 September 2006)
- ComponentOne Releases Doc-To-Help 2006 v2 (19 July 2006)
- ComponentOne Announces ComponentOne Doc-To-Help Web Casts (22 June 2006)
- AuthorIT Now Imports RoboHelp (7 March 2006)
- AuthorIT Releases Its Much Awaited Version 4.3 (8 October 2005)